How To Really Exploit Domain Names
- By: Clementine Robertson
Have you ever heard regarding domain names that sold for over a million greenbacks? Galvanized by this, you imagine registering a great domain name, hanging onto it for a while, and then selling it off to become the subsequent multi-millionaire. It might happen, but don`t count on it!First of all, several of the truly nice domain names are already taken. Second, the dot com bust took a number of the wind out of inflated domain name prices. (If you sell your domain name for several dollars price of stock in a publicly traded dot com flop, what is the name really worth?)
The cybersquatter buys domain names totally on speculation. Generally he can register names of famous brands, or individuals. Time and once more, these domain name speculators learn the hard manner that they must respect intellectual property rights. They hope that some massive corporation can pay huge greenbacks to them for the use of the company`s own (already trademarked) name. Instead, they end up with threatening letters from a law firm for their makes an attempt at extortion.
However, you'll still build cash from domain names if you're wise in your approach. Here are some suggestions on ways to profit.
1. Affiliate Programs: Use your domain name to market an appropriate affiliate program. Either redirect to the affiliate site or write a review that links to them.
2. Informational Sites: Produce content and then profit from it by earning advertising revenue through Google AdSense or an analogous program.
3. Redirect to Your Own Site: Some reasons you would possibly want to try and do this include preventing competitors from employing a specific domain name and benefiting from searches some users perform by domain name. (As an example, if they needed to order flowers, they might simply sort "flowers.com" in their net browser. You'll get some traffic and sales this way.)
4. Product Sites: Produce your own or sell someone else`s product acceptable to your domain name.
5. Park Your Domain Names: You might feel that your name has real potential for resale value. There are corporations that can enable you to park your domain on their servers, advertise that your name is for sale, and split advertising revenue with you.
The trick is to generate traffic for your domain name. That traffic in flip can produce revenue. Then, after you move to sell your domain name, you'll have a few things going for you.First, you'll have a fully developed website. A fully constructed building on a bit of land will increase the value of the important estate property. Similarly, the worth of your domain name is enhanced by a complete and operating website.
Second, you've got traffic. Simply as a shopping mall with no traffic leads to no sales, so a website must have traffic to get income.Third, you have income. An income property, like an apartment building, can be appraised on the basis of its income (and different factors). Similarly, the gross income, net profits and cashflow of a website have value. For example, if someone offered you $one,000 for your domain name and website when it had been generating $ten,000 per day in profits, you'd doubtless tease him.You really can take advantage of your domain name investments by adding worth and properly developing your internet properties.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Jeff Patterson has been writing articles online for nearly 2 years now. Not only does this author specialize in Domain Names, you can also check out his latest website about
Vinyl Letter Cutters(http://www.vinyllettercutters.com/)