Internet Business Concept Joke Writer
- By: Francis David
There are many options available to you online if you have a knack for humor or cartoon sketching. A common trend found across humor sites is the inclusion of an opt-in mail list—a joke of the day, quote of the week, or the like. Many sites make their money by allowing other companies to sponsor their mail list or newsletter based on a CPM (cost per thousand) basis. These sites also often sell banner advertising opportunities as well. Some of these sites will allow reproduction of the cartoons or jokes they develop for a fee. As a freelance artist, you have the option of doing custom work for other companies that they could then include in their media. Depending on your objectives, you may wish to expand your services to include Web icon design, gifts, cards, advertising, and apparel.
Well-developed artistic or written skills, combined with a knack for humor.
COST TO START THIS BUSINESS
Web development and promotion costs will play a role in your start-up costs. Investment in equipment to develop the creative side of the business will also have to be incurred if you do not already own items such as a scanner or graphic editing software. Expect costs to run between $3,000 and $6,000.
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES NEEDED TO START
This is a one-person business. This business can start as a part-time endeavor.
International potential exists, but only if the foreign culture is similar to your own. What you may find funny, others may not. Also, if you’re focusing on current happenings, these happenings may not be of great interest to foreign countries.
IMPORTANT BUSINESS ISSUES TO BE ADDRESSED
Copyright issues need to be addressed. If you are charging for the use of your cartoons, ensure that your contracts are very clear in the usage rights you are granting. Make it very clear whether the client has the exclusive rights, unlimited usage, or single usage rights.
ONLINE MARKETING TECHNIQUES
• Partner with popular e-zines to include your businesses jokes with their online e-zine distribution, identifying you as the source and providing a link to your Web site.
• Participate in newsgroups and discussion forums related to online advertising or the industries that your ad network targets.
• Online press release distribution and regular contributions to periodicals and publications will be a great asset when promoting your business.
• Develop a sponsored listings campaign to bid on appropriate phrases with the popular search engines.
• Develop links from as many comedy- or joke-related Web sites, metaindexes, and directories as possible.
By: Francis David
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Francis helps people learn about Dish TV Satellite TV, and how they can save money every month with popular Dish Network Programming packages(http://www.dishdtvdirect.com/dish-network/dish-network-channel-packages.html). Francis and his team also help people determine if Hughesnet(http://www.satelliteinternet.me/hughesnet.html) is right for them.