SEO keyword Optimization Techniques
- By: koilraj abraham
Majority of Internet businesses fully depend on search keywords that drives potential buyers to a site. Many are considering single word for optimization and they never succeed in any search engines. The secret way to success in Internet business is choosing a keyword phrase instead of single keyword (single word).
If you want to rank on top for Google, Yahoo, Bing and other major search engines, you’ll need more knowledge of search engine optimization than your competitors.
You can easily achieve by effective on-page and off-page optimization techniques if you really use search engine crawler friendly factors.
Keyword optimization isn't just increasing keyword density or specific percentages for your web site. Keeping your web pages more readable with a focus on your product or services with 1-3 keyword phrases per page will naturally lead to keyword optimization.
In the late 1990s, keyword density became an important factor for SEO; the site with more keywords will get higher ranking. Webmasters discovered this search engine secret and started adding more keywords in pages to get higher search benefits. Nowadays, the Search Engines are giving more priority to many other factors to avoid keyword stuffing.
Creating quality content that deliverers product/service info to web users is much more effective technique than applying keyword density percentage.
Techniques for keyword on-page optimization
1. Avoid using analytical tools to find keywords on your pages; verify manually. Select a keyword phrase (avoid selecting single keyword; this may have high competition and your chances of coming out on top are very minimal)
2. Make clear and quality content about your product or services without adding more keywords. Concentrate on single keyword phrase. Don't consider multiple keywords at a time.
3. Place your keyword in your Title tag
4. Place your keyword in META tags
5. Place your keyword phrase at the top of your contents in H1 tags.
6. Place your keyword phrase at the bottom of your contents. You can place in the bottom links.
7. Mark your keyword as bold/underline/italics in contents
8. Use your keyword in image alt texts
9. To avoid keyword stuffing SPAM issues, use at maximum 2% of keywords in your content. The below formula to calculate keyword density percentage
(Total Number of Keywords/ Total number of Words) * 100
Good rule for keyword optimization is “quality over quantity”. One page can generate more traffic than tons of pages. Your page content should contain the clear information about products or services with relevant keywords in relevant places (NOT IN ADDITIONAL PLACES).
Good luck for your SEO Success !
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Abraham, Software Engineer, currently working in search engine optimization software(http://www.epractizelabs.com/seo/seo-software.html) submitter product development. Has extensive experience in software development from small scale to high scale enterprise applications in various domains using Java EE technologies.